Medicine Hat Passport Photos
If you need to get some passport pictures taken, and you don’t want them to be rejected, you’ve come to the right place. Len Moser Photography has been taking passport photos for years and are truly the experts. We do our passport photos the old fashioned way, with a conventional camera. Most places use an instant camera and that’s why the passport office rejects them so often. All of our photos are accepted. We do them right the first time!
What Are The Requirements For Canadian Passport Photos?
- You need to wear something dark. Do not where a white or light colored top, or it will be rejected. Passport photos are taken against a white background, and the Passport Office wants to see separation between your shoulders and the background. They don’t want you to look like you’re floating in mid air.
- You cannot wear anything on your head unless it is for religious or medical reasons. Women cannot wear head bands, or hair barrettes or even bobby pins if they are visible in the photo.
- You need to have a neutral expression, no smiles and your mouth has to be closed.
- You can wear glasses providing they don’t cover the eyes and there is no glare on the glasses or shadows caused by the frames. Generally speaking it’s best not to wear them.
- The same rules apply for babies as do the adults. The biggest challenge with infants is to have their mouth closed. However the passport office does allow some leeway for newborns.
Please Note: Passport requirements change frequently, so it’s always a good idea to check with the passport office to see if there are any changes.
Do We Need To Make An Appointment To Have Passport Photos Taken?
Yes, it is best you do. We have a very busy portrait studio and if we are in the middle of a portrait session, there could be a long wait. It just works out better all around if you make a appointment. Call 403-529-6947.
How Long Do Passport Photos Take?
It only takes a few minutes to take the pictures. However, because we use a conventional camera, it does take some time to process the images. We need at least an hour and preferably over night.
What Do Passport Photos Cost?
We charge 19.95 plus GST per person. You get two photos for that price. If you want to save money, you can get a $5 discount per person by printing off this coupon and bringing it with you to the passport session.
Where Do I Get The Passport Pictures Taken?
We shoot them at our studio in Ross Glen. It is in our home near the Medicine Hat News at 25 Rideau Green SE, Medicine Hat. You can print off a map here.
When Can I Have My Passport Pictures Taken?
We are open 9:30 to 5:30, seven days a week. If you have a tough work schedule, and you need to come in after hours, call us anyway and we’ll see what we can set up.
Besides Canadian passport photos, we also do the following:
- Passport Photos – All Countries
- International Visa Pictures
- Permanent Residence Photos
- Citizenship Photos
- Canadian Immigration Photos
- FAC Photos